Here is where you can subscribe to receive additional service:
- Monthly softwareupdate of your website’s software, including CMS (WordPress), and any plugins.
- Monthly softwareupdate, and quartlery backup
- Monthly softwareupdate, and monthly backup
- Quarterly software update
Should any issue warrant reinstating a backup, then this will be charged at an hourly rate of £35/hour/
- Any updates will have the advantage of improving site performance, and security. However, all updates have inherent risks. As every site has a unique mix of themes, and plugins, the functioning of these cannot be guaranteed. Village Web Design takes no responsibility for failures during updates, except due to our negligence. Site backups are recommended. If these are requested, and part of the subscription, then a backup of the site files, and database will be taken prior, and following required updates (e.g. monthly, or quartlery). Backups consist of a full backup of the website folders and files, and the associated database for the site.
- Upon payment of the initial subscription, sites will be inspected within 5 days, and any backup taken at this time.
- The subscription does not include any fee for reinstatement. Of the sites which have required reinstatement in 2013-2014 (3 in total), the time has averaged 2-3 hours. Should any part of the site be deemed to be the cause of the malfunction, then this will be disabled, and a suitable alternative offered, and quoted for.
- Clients with multiple sites can gain a discount on the subscription if sites are hosted in the same host account.
- Reinstatement of any site without a backup is almost impossible. If no backup has been taken, then Village Web Design will quote for this as a new build. A temporary holding page will be offered for free / immediate solution while the cause of the website malfunction is investigated.